With trepidation, I’m joining OrgJunkie.com in the 28 Day Organizing Challenge.
The room that should be used for dining is really an unorganized box storage and catch-all pit. In a house as small as ours (just over 900 square feet) it’s shameful to let this much of it go to waste! So it is with no small part embarrassment and hope that public humiliation will be just the motivation to get me moving, here is my dining room:
Yes, that is my Christmas tree at the back. On February 1. Yeah. And I took this photo after I pulled out a box of toys from under the table today, so this is (ridiculously) an improvement. My grossly cluttered desk is in the corner. It is no better than the rest of the room!
Why is there an empty soda bottle next to my computer monitor? And that stack of papers? Ridiculous.
So I’m jumping on board with Org Junkie and by the end of the month, will be back with “After” photos of a delightfully tidy, pared down space, where we can peacefully eat our meals and do crafts together!
Thinking of joining me on the quest toward a more organized home? Here are The Official 28 Day Organizing Challenge Rules:
- During the month of February participants have 28 days to organize either a whole room and/or small space in their home
- You can enter multiple spaces if you’d like but participants will be asked to create a separate blog post for each entry
- Two Mr. Linky posts (one for small space and one for whole room) will go up on the morning of March 1st for participants to link up to with a post showcasing BOTH their before and after pictures of the newly organized space. Participants will also be asked to answer a few questions about the process they followed. Questions to come.
- Entries that don’t include both before and after pictures and/or question summary will be eliminated.
- The challenge end Mr. Linky cut off will be March 2nd at 12:00 pm PST.
- Judges will be specifically looking at overall transformation, creative use of space, storage solutions that work and overall experience.